Welcome to the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes' CSKT Economics website.
* * *
The following is information that will hopefully provide some HELP FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS AND OTHERS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
* State Grants -- ALL STATE GRANT APPLICATIONS CAN BE FOUND AT https://commerce.mt.gov/Coronavirus-Relief
* * *
· Federal Grants and Loans – Small Business Administration (SBA) - All guidance documents/data documents available for PPP are located at the SBA and Treasury websites as follows:
* * *
· Free Webinars and Online Training Opportunities – Free webinars are available on the SBA YouTube page at www.youtube.com/sba, as well as at https://sbdc.mt.gov/classroom where one can find great webinars for disaster planning and dealing with the COVID-19 situation.
· Other Resources for Businesses and Employees – The Montana Department of Labor is posting frequently asked questions and resources for businesses and employees at its webpage dedicated to providing COVID-19-related information at http://dli.mt.gov/employer-covid-19.
* * * * *
Tribal economic development focuses on four main areas:
- Jobs - Workforce Enhancement
- Corporate Development
- Small Business/Entrepreneur Support
- Planning and Development
This website provides resources for job seekers who can use the "Workforce Enhancement" link at the top of this page to make an appointment with our Workforce Enhancement Coordinator. The Coordinator provides assistance with training, resumes, job applications, career blueprints and other resources. $25 stipends are available to tribal members who complete an assessment survey and Career Blueprint.
Links to a list of CSKT job openings and a Workforce Training Directory are located in the upper right column of this page.
Information about CSKT's corporations is available by clicking on the "Tribal Corporations" link at the top of this page.
Small business and entrepreneur support is provided through grants, loans, free training, quarterly networking meetings, and other technical assistance. To review our Business Resource Directory or check our list of Native American owned businesses, click on the links in the upper right column of this page. Additional information is available by clicking on "Small Business-Entrepreneur Support" at the top of this webpage.
Planning and development includes work with other agencies to address economic development and land use issues of mutual concern, as well as planning for development and management of existing and newly acquired Tribal properties. The Hot Springs Wellness Center and culturally-appropriate tourism development are two of CSKT's planning projects.
The Tribal Economic Development Office (EDO) is charged with planning and implementing some of these resource development projects, with Tribal Council and interdisciplinary staff concurrence, to lead the Tribes toward a self-sufficient economy within the parameters of sound environmental stewardship. The Annual Work Plan for the EDO includes the following goals:
- Facilitate Reporting and Communications between Tribally-Owned Corporations/Enterprises and the Tribal Council/Shareholder
- Complete Due Diligence, as directed, on New Business Proposals Submitted to CSKT by Outside Business Interests
- Assist Tribal Member Entrepreneurs and Prospective Entrepreneurs with Access to Capital, Training, and Other Business Development Needs
- Support Revenue-Producing Tribal Programs, including Review of Land Acquisition Proposals with Revenue-Producing Potential
- Research and Plan for the Best Use of Tribal Assets
- Coordinate with Other Governmental Entities Regarding Economic Development, Planning and Workforce Development